Faith A. Devine
Faith A. Devine is a former federal prosecutor with over 23 years experience investigating and prosecuting financial fraud. Ms. Devine focuses her practice on complex fraud investigations, receivership appointments, and other fiduciary appointments involving allegations of financial fraud. She also advises clients in the areas of asset recovery and government enforcement proceedings.
Ms. Devine served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the U.S. Attorney’s Offices in the Central and Southern Districts of California. She investigated and prosecuted hundreds of criminal and civil cases. Most of her cases involved complex fraud schemes including securities fraud, ponzi schemes, bank fraud, health care fraud, procurement fraud, tax fraud, and international money laundering. In 2007, she was detailed to the United Nations International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in The Hague, Netherlands, where she served as a Trial Attorney in the prosecution of the former Chief of the Yugoslav Army. Prior to being detailed to the United Nations, Ms. Devine was the Legal Coordinator for the San Diego Corporate Fraud Task Force.
Ms. Devine has recovered in excess of $200 million in assets traceable to various fraud schemes. She is the recipient of many awards from the Internal Revenue Service, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the United States Department of Justice. She also received the U.S. Attorney General’s Award for Excellence in Financial Litigation for a complex financial fraud case in which she recovered over $13 million in assets that were fraudulently transferred by a real estate developer in order to avoid paying a large creditor.
- Lead civil counsel in a federal receivership action to recover over $100 million in assets embezzled from the subsidiary of a foreign corporation.
- Lead civil counsel in a federal receivership action to recover over $25 million in assets traced in an international bank fraud and money laundering case.
- Lead criminal counsel in a $12 million international securities and money laundering case involving the forfeiture of assets and the appointment of a receiver by the SEC.
- Lead criminal counsel in a $100 million hedge fund fraud case involving a parallel SEC receivership action.
- Lead criminal counsel in a $100 million real estate lending fraud case.
- Lead criminal counsel in a tax fraud case resulting in the recovery of over $150 million by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Lead criminal counsel in a $20 million international currency trading case involving a parallel SEC receivership action.
- Lead criminal counsel in a $100 million securities fraud case involving fraudulent stock loans to insiders of publicly traded corporations.
J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, New York, 1989
BBA, International Finance and Marketing, University of Miami, cum laude, 1986
“Civil Forfeiture and Bankruptcy Fraud: An Alternative to Fraudulent Conveyance Litigation”, California Bankruptcy Law Journal, Volume 25 (2000)
Website Copyright © 2015, Fraud Law Group, PC.
Disclaimer: Material presented on this website is intended for information purposes only. It is not intended as professional or legal advice and should not be construed as such.